Jackson Hole might be known for deep powder runs and steep terrain, but we have terrain perfect for cross country or Nordic skiing as well. Cross country skiing provides a low impact workout while you take in the pristine winter landscape of Jackson Hole. The extensive trail system within Teton County receives impressive upkeep, ensuring an enjoyable experience.
JH Nordic is the consumate resource for nordic skiing in the Jackson Hole area, with trail guides, grooming reports and more. They are a your one-stop shop for all things nordic in Jackson Hole. JH Nordic offers equipment rentals plus guided tours. Try a half-day or full-day excursion with an experienced guide. Guided tours are available for any skill level; beginners are welcome! This is a wonderful way to discover new trails while learning about the local environment from a professional naturalist.
Great Places for Cross Country Skiing
- Game Creek offers 3.3 miles of groomed trail south of Jackson. Besides the fantastic views and wildlife sightings, you will rarely have to step out of the tracks for an oncoming skier.
- Grand Teton National Park’s Nordic trail system offers gorgeous Teton views in every direction! You can ski the flats on the park road, take your skis off trail to Taggert Lake, or enjoy moderate terrain on the Moose-Wilson Road.
- If you’re looking for more of a challenge to earn some serious bragging rights at the bar, then head over to East Jackson and jump on the Cache Creek trail system. The groomed 4.6 mile trail has a total gain/loss of 850 feet. Burn some calories on the hike up and enjoy the well deserved cruise down to the parking lot. A more intermediate to advanced trail by Cache is the Hagen Trail. You can ski both for a total of 11.6 miles roundtrip.
- Shooting Star Nordic Track features a sloping track spanning 15 kilometers and boasts one of the valley's finest nordic areas with a variety of terrain options. The main track features a large loop around the perimeter of the golf course as well as optional spurs off the main loop. The Shooting Star Nordic Track is located on the Teton Village Road, minutes away from Teton Village.
- Teton Pines Cross Country Ski Center maintains 16 kilometers of immaculately groomed trails for both ski touring and skate skiing. Open to the general public, Teton Pines offers gear rentals, personalized instruction, waxing service and information essential for ski adventures along the trail system and beyond. Wildlife is abundant, with frequent sightings of moose, deer, trumpeter swans, foxes, coyotes and bald eagles. The Teton Pines Ski Center and Shop is located 4 miles south of Teton Village along the Moose-Wilson Road. The center is adjacent to the Pines Restaurant and Lounge overlooking the ski trails.